In Web Design

Do you believe your website is secondary to your marketing campaign? You shouldn’t. Over 80 percent of consumers visit websites before making a purchase. Your website tells your customers who you are and what you offer.  Although the content of your website matters significantly, so does your web design.

From your site’s organization to its layout and colors, your web design impacts your virtual presence.

Good web design establishes trust.

A study conducted for a research publication called the Trust and Mistrust of Online Health Sites showed that only 6 percent of web users distrust an organization based on its online content. The rest, or 94 percent of users, distrust a company because of its web design. They struggled to trust websites with:

  • complex layouts.
  • small text.
  • very slow load times.
  • too much text.
  • poor indexes or search options.
  • obtrusive ads.

Good websites tell your audience that you have the professionalism and financial means to effectively engage the business world. As a result, the audience uses your website to make assumptions about the quality of your products and services. In fact, 98 percent of users say that if a website works poorly on mobile, they take it to mean that the company doesn’t care.

This may not seem fair, but it certainly isn’t new. Long before the Internet, advertisers knew that packaging design mattered. For example, in chapter 5 of the book Blink, Malcolm Gladwell writes about the way we subconsciously perceive design. He writes, “Testers for 7-Up consistently found consumers would report more lemon flavor in their product if they added 15% more yellow coloring to the package.”

Step Right Up and Get Your Spoilers!

We have tips. We have tools. We have everything you need. We have digital. We have print, SEO, and social feeds. We’re creative. We’re excited, and we can help you get those leads!
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Good web design keeps people coming back.

Websites that are easy to use are websites that people return to more frequently, purchase products from, and stay on longer. Here are a few need-to-know statistics that back these points:

  • 51 percent of American online shoppers say slow site loading times is the number one reason they don’t make a purchase.
  • 40 percent of users will leave a website if it takes longer than 3 seconds to load.
  • 38% of people will leave a website if they think the layout is unattractive.
  • Two-thirds of people would prefer to read something that is beautiful over something plain.

Really, these statistics are self-explanatory. Nobody wants to use something that is visually unappealing, and websites are no exception. Chances are, there are other businesses like yours. Don’t let your website be the reason a customer chooses your competition over you.

Good web design matters for SEO and mobile users.

An SEO-friendly site is one that allows Google and other search engines the ability to examine your site. When building your website, you need to pay attention to how the site looks. However, you also need to build it with a long-term vision. This is what will impact SEO, and your business, in the long run.

Responsive web design is a type of design that readjusts itself based on the device it is being read through. For example, our site can be read on a phone, tablet, or laptop without requiring the user to zoom in or out to see our content. This sort of design is especially important when evaluating your design and SEO. In fact, Google and other sites reward sites with responsive design.

At Your Imprint, we never stop having fun, and web design is one of the best parts of our jobs. If you need help building a stunning, yet functional website, get a quote. We’ll help you put on a show! 

Recommended Posts
Web Designer Jobresponsive-web-design-viewmaster