Most of us welcome the fresh opportunities that come with the New Year. With resolutions in hand, we set out to make each year better than the last. Why not make this year yours? Now is the time to pull out those jotted dreams you’ve got hidden on that folded napkin in your desk drawer and begin checking off your New Year’s goals.
What’s so important about brand identity and good brand design?
Your brand is what’s said about you when no one’s around. But, no matter how great your product is, if your brand is weak, your business will fail.
Close your eyes for a moment and imagine you’re in a crowded shopping mall. Can you tell where they’ve been based on the colors of their shopping bags? That’s brand identity.
Smart companies understand that a brand requires:
- Color schemes
- Mission, Vision, and Values
Some companies have become so recognizable by their color scheme that they’ve been able to drop their name from their signage altogether (think of the Golden Arches). That’s brand identity.
Creating a solid brand design is essential to success. It kickstarts the buyer’s journey.
At the beginning of the business, so much emphasis is placed on creating the best product or service on the market. You put your heart and soul into making sure you’re the best; you never consider what it takes to create your brand.
This is common; however, understanding the need to have a brand strategy in place in the early stages of the business life is paramount to your success. In the case of a well-established business, organizing a branding or rebranding campaign to reboot your business can often push sales to unprecedented levels.
The Ever-Changing Cycle of Life and Business
Everything changes, all the time. Just consider how fast our technology has grown and how quickly we’ve adapted to this change. Even with a solid foundation, companies must constantly change their strategies with the ebbs and flows of cultural norms.
According to a recent article on inc.com, as of 2016, there were 2.3 billion social media users in the world and that number is rising rapidly. This has forced a massive shift in the way companies market themselves and their product.
Without constant changes to your digital marketing strategy, your company risks becoming superseded by a sub-standard product with a better brand.
In short, having a tired brand is the same thing as having no brand.
Getting Your Brand Design in Place
Having a fresh brand is as important as having a quality product or service.
Questions to Consider:
- Who is your key audience? What are their demographics and buying behaviors?
- What are your crucial business goals?
- Where do you see your business going in five years? Ten?
- What sets you apart from your competitors?
- What makes your product/service better than the place down the street?
- Color palette
Keys to Good Brand Identity:
- It should stand out from competitors and catch your audience’s attention
- Remember those shopping bags from earlier
- Your brand should be as scalable as your business
- Each piece of your brand and business should complement the brand identity
- Easy to apply:
- Any designer, developer, or other creative could produce materials that are consistent.
- Using the same colors, fonts, shapes, and elements will help everyone remember you.
- The tagline should be all about your business in a few short words. This is a lasting phrase.
- Slogans speak to the audience about the product or service, so it will change with campaigns.
All the above is useless without a brand voice. Your tone, values, cornerstones, and messaging guidelines are crucial for proper communications.
Do you need branding or digital marketing help in the New Year?
Get a Quote!